Global warming is becoming a serious issue. The world is starting to see a quick rise in temperatures everywhere. When temperatures rise, the sea level also starts to rise because of the fact that the ice around the world melts with the higher temperatures. With more water taking over on earth, and warmer climates, this is causing many negative effects in the world. It is important that everyone knows what it is, and the effect that it has on our atmosphere. It is also important that we all know what things that we do that contribute to global warming and ways that we can prevent any further damage to the atmosphere.
1) One of the main contributors to global warming is greenhouse gases. One of the most devastating greenhouse gases includes carbon dioxide. When natural gas is burnt, it raises the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. The same thing happens when oil is burnt, as well as coal. It is important that we reduce the amount of these types of substances being burnt. Additionally, gasoline that is used in vehicles and other types of equipment that is powered by gasoline contributes to the amount of carbon dioxide that is released into the atmosphere.
2) Many industries, specifically those that are agricultural and electrical, contribute to various types of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. In turn, these gases cause the issue of it to become more serious. It is important that we try to purchase products locally and avoid using more electricity than we need to use. If we do this, we can reduce the effects of global warming.
3) When we cut down the trees in the world, we are causing global warming to become more of an issue. Trees are used to create many paper products and are also cleared away for various types of land development projects. We should try to find products that are used by recycled products instead of products that are freshly cut. If we do this, more of the trees in the world will be saved and there will be less greenhouse gases being sent into the atmosphere.
4) The more electricity that we use, the more that we contribute to the greenhouse gases that enter the atmosphere and lead to global warming. It is important that we try to use products that are considered energy efficient and we learn to cut things off when they are not in use. This will reduce the amount of harmful substances that are required to burn to provide us with electricity. If these things are reduced, then the atmosphere will see less greenhouse gases. If there are less greenhouse gases, then the progression will slow drastically.
5) It is important that we convince the people around us to preserve and protect our environment. We can do this by informing them of ways that they can help reduce the effects of global warming. This is the most important step of all when it comes to reducing greenhouse gases.
www.tellmeaboutglobalwarming.com [http://www.tellmeaboutglobalwarming.com] brings you thought provoking information about global warming. Be sure to check out all the pages and decide for yourself.
© 2007 copyright by DSquare Marketing and Della Franklin.